Thursday, December 6, 2007

Detroit Tigers


Welcome to Detroit Dontrell and Miguel. What a trade! In case you a. live under a rock; or b. don't care about sports, the Detroit Tigers traded a bunch of minor league players who haven't proved much for two World Series Champion young players. If Willis can throw like he did three years ago, we will have the best rotation in MLB. Miguel Cabrerra has taken some crap for gaining wait, but apparently he has lost 15 pounds during the off season.

Some people can't watch baseball, but I don't really have a problem with it. Sometimes I get bored, but I can watch for-the-most-part (hey I like soccer too - most of you would consider that boring I'm sure).

Now if only Michigan Athletics could take the same mentality as Dave Dombrowski (the GM of both the Tigers and Red Wings). Dombrowski wants championships and is willing to spend money to do so. Sure he cares about making money, but his mentality seems to be "if we win, they will come". Bill Martin seems so much more worried about the bottom line than providing the best coaching, facilities, and equipment for his student athletes. I feel like he is really going to drop the ball with hiring a new football coach.

Okay beyond sports: I have just been coaching and substitute teaching. Substitute teaching is fun, but I prefer High School over Junior High because the HS kids actually know how to listen.

Hey if you are interested in our wrestling program, check out the website I started:
www.tccwrestling.com.

Take is easy.

No comments: