Tuesday, April 22, 2008

For the Sake of an Update

So I haven't posted in almost two weeks, but truth be told - I don't really have that much to say.

I haven't had a "For & Against" in a while now, but there really isn't anything of substance that I am "for" or "against".

I could tell you all about my new car: It's a silver 2007 Ford Focus. Of course it's great to have my own car, and life is far easier/better now that I don't have to make plans around having a car or not. But of course getting a car meant taking out a loan. What does that mean? That means that I am now in further debt (although I have a great credit score). It also means that it will be much harder for me to go abroad. But I am trying to stay positive - "where there's a will, there's a way". I never thought I'd make it to Micronesia, but I did. I just have this bad feeling that before I know it I will be 40 years old with a long list of "Places to See" and feel terribly unfulfilled. I will just try to stay positive.

My presentation went well (couldn't think of a clever segue). Only a handful of people showed up, but they all seemed very interested and asked some great questions. I am trying to figure out how to load my PowerPoint presentation onto this blog, but have no idea! Any tech-plugs have any insight?

I could also tell you about my weekend in Chicago, but it was very similar to my last trip. I'm happy that Josh, Ashley, and Dylan got to go this time! The only negative is that according to Grandma: Josh is leader and what he says goes because he is the oldest; Ashley is the Princess; and Dylan is the baby ("if you are walking on the road together and you are all hungry and you only have 1 sandwich, you give it to Dylan because he is the baby"). What does that leave me with? Middle child syndrome I suppose. It's okay...Grandma can tell them about how the family rank works in Pohnpiean/Mwoakillese culture, but I got to live/experience it first hand.

We also went to downtown Chicago. I love that city.

I'm feeling pretty sick so far this week. Not the most uplifting post, but at least the weathers nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what I thought, do as I say!