Thursday, April 3, 2008

For and Against: Volume 3 - Days

The plan was to write this every Sunday, but I babysat for my Grandma all weekend and had no internet access. Writing F&A weekly is also a bit redundant and I am forced to puke something out. So from here on out maybe expect it bi-weekly. Like your paycheck. Think of F&A like a paycheck: it only comes once every two weeks, but you feel relieved once you get it. Okay maybe not. Here we go...

For: Thursdays

Thursdays are great. First of all, I get paid...who doesn't like that? There is a great TV lineup - Survivor: Micronesia, MLS Primetime Thursday, The Office, Scrubs. Ahhh, too many options may kill a man - as they say. And Thursday means its almost the weekend. Actually, at Michigan Thursday was the beginning of the weekend. Thursday is just an easy day to get through.

Against: April Fool's Day

Accents and sarcasm aside, I'm not much of a prankster. I do, however, enjoy pranks. Nothing was funnier this winter than Dylan's prank phone calls to countless customer service reps, waitresses, and Blockbuster customers (note that their are no longer any Blockbusters in TC). But I really can't stand April Fool's Day; the pranks suck and are predictable. I'm sorry Ryan Seacrest, but telling me American Idol is cancelled when you can clearly see the audience just isn't cutting it, bro.

So until someone comes up with a creative, believable, or hilarious prank on April 1, I'm against April Fool's Day

No comments: