Wednesday, March 19, 2008

For and Against: Volume 2

I'm just gonna jump right into this one.

What I'm for: Humor

I had a great weekend in Kalamazoo with a bunch of friends. The whole weekend was one big laugh and it felt great. We laughed at nicknames, diseases, jokes, art, everything. You name it, we laughed about it. Saturday night we saw Tracy Morgan. That man's stand up is so incredibly dirty, but hilarious nonetheless. I laughed so much this weekend that my face hurts.

I feel bad for those people that are so uptight that they can't laugh. Humor is such a great way to forget about any sort of troubles. Humor and laughing is good for you. Humor can be such and absurd escape from reality or the spot-on truth, and either way you can laugh. I was thinking about quoting a line from "Garden State", but that would just be lame. If you know it, you know it, if not...you can look it up on this page. It's pretty far down there.

Anyway, enjoy this video of Zac. Something I found funny.

What I'm against: Drinking too much

Monday was St. Patrick's Day and Zac and I decided to celebrate, as we have done for years at college. We started with an Irish breakfast at Kilkenny's and a few beers. Drinking beer at 9:00 am is easier than it sounds. We met up with a pub-crawl at noon and continued our binge.

Unfortunately, I drank way too much. Don't get me wrong, I had a fun time and met a ton of people, but I didn't need to drink as much as I did. As a result, my whole week has been thrown off. I wasn't able to work Tuesday because I was feeling the effects of Monday's gluttony. I had to peel myself out of bed just to get in the shower. Wednesday still felt weird and I couldn't find a job.

In a way I'm glad it happened because it reminded me of how much I hate being hungover. It was reminiscent of my days in college, but I'm not in college any more. The consequences of drinking are greater now. It costs more, its unhealthy, and I always feel down the next few days. So from here on out, I'm going to be taking it much easier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wait a second here, let me think about these 3 unrelated things...

Justin
drinking too much
St. Patrick's Day

no way they could all happen at once, i dont believe it!