Friday, November 16, 2007

March for Justice

So as you may have heard, thousands showed up in D.C. today to march around the Department of Justice. They marched to demand equality in the justice system - a result of recent hate crimes including Jena 6 and a rash of nooses nationwide.

It is sickening that in the year 2007 that people are still idiotic enough to hang nooses around to send a message. The noose is to slavery what the swastika is to the Nazi party. You can't tell me there isn't a racial message behind it.

Also sickening is Fox's coverage of this march. While at the gym I was watching the coverage on CNN. They broke to coverage from DC about 5 or 6 times. Meanwhile on the neighboring TV was Fox News Channel. How many times did they cover this march? 0. Not one single mention the whole half hour I was doing cardio. Ironically the show was called American Pulse - apparently America is dead. Any mention of this story on foxnews.com? Absolutely not. I don't get it? How is this not important?

What stories were so much more important that they couldn't cover this demonstration? Well archaeologists discovered dinosaur fossils the shape of Darth Vader and apparently keeping your kids germ free will actually increase the likelihood of sickness...I think I'm going to puke.

Fox is known for its Republican bias, but this is ridiculous. I don't think the Republican party could give a shit about civil or human rights. Now I know Fox isn't 'The Official News Channel of the Republican Party', but their stances and stories tend to match those of the Republican party (just as CNN is more of a liberal news station).

I'm dumbfounded. I just don't understand.

1 comment:

JSpence said...

Juice-- I understand you aren't impressed with the Republican party right now... to be frank I am not really either. But honestly, can you say the Democratic party isn't guilty of being all about the $$$, too? Hilary Clinton accepted more $ from Health Care lobbyists than anyone last year... after John Edwards lost the presidential debate, he was getting millions from a "consulting" gig with a private equity company, etc, etc. When it comes down to it, you would be hard pressed to find any politician who isn't about the Benjamins. It's sickening.