Thursday, February 7, 2008

Madrid, Spain

I got the news yesterday that I have been accepted to the EBC TEFL/TESOL training program in Madrid, Spain! Now I don't know if being accepted is that big of a deal because I am not sure how picky they are, but it is a big deal for me! Anyone who knows me knows of my ambitions to travel and live abroad for a while, so this gives me a great opportunity to do just that.

For those of you who don't know, TEFL means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The EBC program last 4-weeks and at the completion I am certified to teach English as a foreign/second language. That means I am eligible/capable/certified to teach English in any language school pretty much worldwide! I would like to stay in Europe...maybe somewhere like Barcelona, Sevilla, Porto, or even Amsterdam! I won't be that picky. I mean if I get a job, I get a job. If I don't stay in Europe, then who knows.


Substitute teaching has really enhanced my need to travel. I see all of these kids that can only see what is in front of their face. They don't know there is a whole world out there to see. They think life in Traverse City is how life is everywhere else in the world. I don't want to live like that.

Wrestling is almost over. I'm sure I'll miss it once it is over, but I am just so exhausted. It has been a great experience though - watching the kids grow and improve and forming relationships with the kids has been my favorite part. They are all great. Sometimes I feel more like a friend than coach, but I think that is okay because we have other coaches who are strictly coaches.

No comments: